Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Traveling to village, signing memorandums

We've done a few things since the last time I wrote: (1) Jedd and I traveled to Woe, Ghana, to Frank's village; he's one of our recipients. We met his family and documented (with Jedd's camera) his personal history.



In a good year, Frank's parents earn about $580 US dollars from farming. Frank is in his first year of medical school, and yearns to, after graduation, "meet the needs of my people." ANE was able to give Frank $1000 USD for the entire year, but he is still in need of $2900. In Ghana, student loans are not an option for students like Frank. I hope to raise that money to enable him to finish his first year!

That was the weekend.

(2) Today, Jedd and I met with the National Director for World Vision, Ghana, the World Vision Programs Director, and Pastor Richard to sign Memorandums of Understanding, which delineate our partnership with each respective party. Our scholars will volunteer at a World Vision Area Development Program in a rural part of Ghana each summer, and regularly be mentored by both World Vision's Director for Programs, Pastor Richard, and the University of Ghana's Dean of Students.


Pastor Richard and I after signing the Memorandum of Understanding.


World Vision National Director for Ghana and I discussing All Nations Education's partnership with WV.

No comments: